Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of State Attorney on contract within the Attorney General’s Chambers, Ministry of National Security and Home Affairs.
Under the general supervision of the Senior State Attorney, the State Attorney shall be responsible for:
- Writing legal opinions on given topics;
- Providing oral legal advice to Government Departments/Ministries;
- Drafting legislation;
- Performing duties of Prosecuting Attorney at Courts;
- Making appearances in the Courts on civil matters or criminal matters;
- Sitting on Government appointed Tribunals;
- Performing other related activities for the smooth functioning of the
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB), Legal Education Certificate (LEC) or appropriate waiver from the Attorney General
- Five (5) years or more experience in the legal field
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret and apply laws
- Computer literacy
- Skilled in the preparation of legal documents
- Skilled in the preparation and pleading of cases
- Skilled in researching and formulating legal arguments;
- Presentation skills
The successful candidate will be contracted for a period of one (1) year in the first instance.
Salary and allowances are in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated by the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica in the Estimates.
Applications, along with certified copies of professional certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae and two letters of reference should be submitted under confidential cover to:
Application for post of State Attorney
Ministry of National Security and Home Affairs
Floor, Financial Centre
Commonwealth of Dominica
Applications should reach the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Security and Home Affairs on or before April 30, 2021.