The ICT Administrator will be responsible for performing a wide range of highly technical duties associated with the design, implementation and support of the Agency’s Local Area Network and Wide Area Network environments and related services. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing, maintaining and supporting the LAN/WAN networks for 24/7 availability, network security, network operating systems, and various computing services such as email, enterprise network management, enterprise backup, remote access, virus protection and distributed applications environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
- Works closely with the ICT Manager to evaluate new and existing technologies and assists in the provision of both tactical and strategic direction for the network platforms and configurations of the Agency.
- Installs and maintains network hardware and software.
- Maintains storage management program, monitors, and maintains an enterprise network management and provides for routine back-ups, providing virus protection and monitoring daily activity.
- Makes critical decisions in system down situations for 24/7 support for the network infrastructure.
- Assists in establishment and implementation of procedures and standards for network platform, optimum performance, and recoverability of these services.
- Responsible for all elements of network security within the Agency.
- Identifies areas of efficiency deserving attention in the technical support environment and makes recommendations to ICT Manager.
- Designs and implements LAN/WAN network environments across the Agency’s jurisdictions.
- Maintains standards for installation of individual and network software/hardware installations.
- Recommends policies and procedures to ensure the proper and effective use of the company’s LAN, WAN and ICT investment.
- Implements and distributes approved policies and procedures for users.
- Evaluates, recommends purchase/lease of new systems equipment, and implements hardware and software.
- Assists in the development of the Agency’s ICT disaster recovery plan/Business Continuity Plan.
- Provides Technical representation for ICT projects.
- Evaluates technologies and provides both tactical and strategic direction for network platforms and configurations.
- Maintains accurate and updated system documentation of all network configurations and system administration requirements.
- Prepares various IT Reports
- Provides technical assistance to all Agencies (e.g. HQ, JRCC and RIFC) and/or Member States when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or any related fields and/or advanced technical qualifications and certifications (for example, MCSE, MCSA, Network Administration, Network Security) from a recognized University or Institution. University or Institution and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, expertise, or courses.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working with multi-platform systems and related applications are required.
- Advanced knowledge of installations upgrades and troubleshooting of Windows Server and Web application Servers and experience with IIS are highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of the operating systems used in the LAN/WAN environment and ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with the assistance of external support.
- Advanced knowledge of high-level utilities used to install and maintain the LAN/WAN environment.
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating systems including all versions of Windows.
- Knowledge of database administration skills including backups/restores, monitoring DB performance and troubleshooting, highly desirable.
- Knowledge of web application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Knowledge of network cabling topologies, including the ability to patch cables, diagnosing, and troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Knowledge of switches, routers and various inter-networking LAN/WAN communication protocols required, including the ability to program such network devices.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art voice, data and network technology and the ability to incorporate new concepts into the planning and implementation processes for the LAN/WAN environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and create technical manuals, documents, specifications, and contracts and apply them appropriately.
- Ability to prepare, collate, analyse and present concise oral and written reports and technical documentation to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to communicate LAN/WAN processes to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work and function in a high-pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external clients, User departments, other department managers, subordinates, and key stakeholders.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This position will be based at IMPACS’ sub-agency, JRCC located in Barbados.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications are to be received by CARICOM IMPACS no later than 23 JUNE 2023 and must include nationality, work experience, educational qualifications, summary of professional skills, the contact information of three (3) references (at least two of whom are familiar with your work or education), and other relevant information via any of the following:
- Email: email@example.com ; or
- Mail: The Executive Director PO BOX 4585 PORT-OF-SPAIN, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO