- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental sciences, Rijkshogeschool IJselland, Deventer, The Netherlands, April 1994.
- Masters (M.A.) in Development Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Nijmegen, March 1998.
Professional career (prior to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA))
- Status Determination Officer, Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND), 1998-2000.
- Programme Manager, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 2000 – 2002.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- Desk Officer in the West-Africa Section of the Africa Department of the MFA in The Hague, 2002-2006.
- First Secretary Rule of Law and security Sector Reform, Netherlands Representative Office to the Palestinian Authority (PA), Ramallah, Palestinian Territories, 2006 – 2008.
- Political Adviser to the military commander of the Dutch Task Force in Uruzgan, southern Afghanistan, January-August 2008.
- Security and Rule of Law Adviser in the Office of the Quartet Representative (Tony Blair) in Jerusalem, August 2008 – September 2009.
- First Secretary Political-Military Affairs, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kabul, Afghanistan, 2009-2011.
- Senior Policy Adviser, Counter-Terrorism and National Security Section of the Ministry’s Security Policy Department (DVB), The Hague, 2011-2014.
- Deputy Ambassador, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Baghdad, Iraq, 2014-2015.
- Deputy Ambassador, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Caracas, Venezuela, 2015-2016.
- Regional (Security) Policy Advisor for the Caribbean Region, based at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 2018 – present.