The Accounting Assistant, JRCC will be responsible for;
• Processing and reconciling a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, reconciliations and journal vouchers;
• Reviewing and coding financial information;
• Preparing and processing reports and documents to disburse funds, making deposits and compiling and reviewing information for accuracy;
• Applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems; and
• Maintaining records; He/she will report to the Accountant, JRCC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
• Processes payments and receipt documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements and receipts;
• Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other staff members;
• Enters, updates and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems;
• Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system;
• Reviews on-line transactions for accuracy and corrects errors as necessary;
• Disburses funds using petty cash and makes change according to specific instructions;
• Prepares bank deposits;
• Maintains digital and physical financial records;
• Operates standard office equipment;
• Reconciles transactions, financial data, and other information to an automated accounting system;
• Pre-audits, verifies, and processes employee expense claims reviewing rules for staff compliance;
• Designs, prepares, and maintains spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations;
• Reviews new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements and suggests revisions;
• Composes routine letters and reports using instructions or guidelines of the work area;
• Interprets and applies instructions and guidelines to resolve work problems;
• Explains appropriate work instructions to others, adapting guidelines to the assignment as necessary;
• Assures that the work meets quality and production standards by reviewing the work for accuracy and proper completion and monitoring output.
• Prepares various reports as required; and
• Undertakes other duties, which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time, appropriate to the grade of the post.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Certifications in Accounting such as CAT or pursuing studies in Accounting (ACCA, CGA, CPA, B.Sc.) or related field from a recognized University or Institution.
• At least two (2) years accounting experience preferably in accounts receivable or accounts payable.
• Working knowledge of accounting terminology and procedures.
• Competency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software (for example, Sage 300).
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
• Ability to maintain simple accounting and related book-keeping records and to prepare reports and statements;
• Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressured environment.
• Ability to work well independently and collaboratively, directly and virtually;
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Accounting Assistant will be based at IMPACS’ sub agency, JRCC in Barbados.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications are to be received by CARICOM IMPACS no later than 31 OCTOBER 2021 and must include nationality, work experience, educational qualifications, summary of professional skills, the contact information of three (3) references (at least two of whom are familiar with your work or education), and other relevant information via any of the following:
• Email: email@example.com ; or
• Mail: The Executive Director PO BOX 4585 PORT-OF-SPAIN, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
CARICOM IMPACS would like to thank all persons for applying and expressing their interest to work at the Agency, however, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted