Supervises activities in the Finance and Accounting unit or reviewing and advising on such activities, preparing accurate, timely financial reports and statements, designing and setting up new accounting methods and procedures and/or undertaking financial and accounting duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
- Supervises a team and coordinates accounting operations to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial information.
- Prepares monthly management reports.
- Assists in the coordination of the annual audit.
- Administers financial and management accounting systems of the Agency.
- Ensures that financial policies, procedures and objectives are adhered to, and that efficient and effective systems are in operation to ensure that information is available to management to monitor and control projects falling under the aegis of the Agency.
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of the annual budget of recurring expenses, income and the master budget based on departmental / unit submissions.
- Performs budgetary work, analyses and prepares financial reports and statements.
- Settles and files monthly and/or annual statutory payments and returns respectively as required by law.
- Reconciles all bank accounts.
- Assists in the development of improvements to performance assessment and reporting systems.
- Prepares monthly reports on departmental activities to include areas of non-compliance with procedures.
- Assists in the production of detailed business performance and accounts information.
- Represents the Financial Comptroller in his/her absence, as required.
- Undertakes other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time, appropriate to the grade of the post.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CPA/CMA);
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in a similar position.
- Technology savvy individual who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges.
- Specific technology knowledge and experience needed to produce the desired outcomes including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), and accounting software packages (Sage 300 and Micropay).
- Have demonstrably high numerical and analytical skills.
- Have a strong command of business English and proficient in preparing standard correspondence.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable and adept at presenting ideas and concepts to small groups of people in both informal and formal settings.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership ability.
This position will be based at Caricom IMPACS’ sub-agency, JRCC located in Barbados.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications are to be received by CARICOM IMPACS no later than 23 JUNE 2023 and must include nationality, work experience, educational qualifications, summary of professional skills, the contact information of three (3) references (at least two of whom are familiar with your work or education), and other relevant information via any of the following:
- Email: email@example.com ; or
- Mail: The Executive Director PO BOX 4585 PORT-OF-SPAIN, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO